Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chamomile Flowers

Pictures From Spring Valley

Chamomile Flowers

These chamomile flowers are growing by our sidewalk. They survived all winter in a plastic row cover I covered them with. I made the row cover myself by constructing a 4'x4' frame and covering it with plastic. But I did not actually plant the chamomile. I found them growing there and decided they were a gift from my sister's herb patch since chamomile seeds will disperse and grow in unexpected places. My mother uses it for tea, so she was happy with my crop. I like the repeating flower pattern in the photograph.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed these were chamomile flowers! Very cool.

Anonymous said...

These flowers are so pretty with the blurry ones adding a splash of color behind and the closer ones in focus!