Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Dreams

Favorite Pastimes

Summer Dreams

That seems like a funny title for this picture, doesn’t it? But all the gardeners among my dear readers probably understood it instantly.  This is last year’s squash and pumpkin crop. Isn’t it beautiful? It is my inspiration this year as I watch my tiny plants begin to grow. I spent quite a while arranging my squash for this picture. For those who love numbers, how many of each kind of squash, pumpkin and corn are there? (And I'll make it even harder – include all partially showing veggies as well!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful crop. No wonder you are proud! Pumpkins 13, acorn squash 29, butternut 18, spaghetti squash 2, corn 22.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely arrangement! Symmetrical but unique. An amazing harvest, too many to count!:)

Pilgrim said...

Tasty looking future...

Anonymous said...

Yummy-looking arrangement of colors!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll be coming to your house for Thanksgiving. (Looks like we can EACH have our own pumpkin pie!) :-)