Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Day

Mud Valley Memories

Summer Day

I took this picture when I was eleven. I was happy with the deep blue color I caught in the pool's reflection of a brilliant summer day. We walked by these fish ponds almost every day. Our elderly neighbor dug them out to raise catfish. Every day around dusk, this white-bearded, suspendered gentleman would throw fish food out on the ponds. Soon the ponds would be covered with tiny rippled circles, as the fish grabbed their dinner from below. I never got tired of watching this peaceful scene.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story about the fish!

Pilgrim said...

That's a beautiful blue....

Anonymous said...

The tranquility of the scene and the deep blue somehow go together. It's kind of hard to imagine the tranquility riddled with little fishy bite riplets on the surface.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to live in that little house and stick my fishing pool into the pond. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the mirror reflection of the shed--the sky's bluer in the water isn't it?

Anonymous said...

oops -- make that my fishing POLE -- no don't ask me how to stick a pool into a pond - at least not today

:-P

Lucas Garcia said...

What a BLUE?! Great!