Thursday, July 21, 2011

Marigold

Pictures From Spring Valley

Marigold

I am really pleased with how this beautiful photograph turned out. I took it with my new Kodak EasyShare Z981 digital camera. I have been using it for six weeks now. I looked at quite a few different cameras and chose this one because of the 26x optical zoom, 14 MP photos, and low price. I have been very satisfied with the macro focus, as well as the clear zoom and good adjustment to various light levels. I took this picture at 14 megapixels, but after cropping out the marigold, I was only left with 3.1 MP. However, by taking it at such a high resolution, I was still able to get a good, clear image after I cropped it. This flower comes from the Safari Mix by Burpee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Looks almost like a carnation. Congratulations to the grower and the photographer!

Pilgrim said...

Ruffles!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure are a great photographer to get your camera to focus on something so close-up!

Anonymous said...

Cool-absolutely vibrant!!

Anonymous said...

The red is astonishing. Thanks for describing what happens to the picture as you crop it down. I see the value of a higher resolution camera now.